Saturday, January 08, 2011

I started on 'byakuyakou' today after re-watching 'all about lily chou-chou', the latter reminded me of how I started to love debussy so much. It really takes a few times before you can fully understand all about lily chou-chou but it got better when I read a review saying it's better to feel it instead of understanding it.

Currently, I don't know how I should feel towards Byakuyakou. It's a psychological suspense drama with romance (which drama doesn't have romance) but some parts were abit unbelievable. To kill at the age of 11 for the one you love even if it was to protect her from further abuse (worst kind a girl can get)? Despite this, I found myself drawn to the drama because the music sets the perfect mood - depressing, slightly eerie. Anyway, the acting is pretty good thus far and my favourite child actor, Fukada Mayuko is in there (she acted as Shindo Hikaru in Joou no kyoushitsu). Role played brilliantly in byakuyakou. I must say this again - great ost so far.

Don't get me wrong I'm not in any I-want-to-get-emo state, it's just interesting to watch or try to decipher things. Right, I'll get back to byakuyakou when I have the chance to and hope it'll at least be half as good as A million stars falling from the sky. If you asked me, I wouldn't really know why exactly I love that drama so much. Maybe it's the ending and probably everything besides the first two episodes.

Okay a few more dramas and I should stop before I get seriously addicted again :/ There are too many other things I have to do.

No comments: